Thursday, June 19, 2008

They Missed Me

Earlier this week, I was not feeling too well and as a result I overslept by about ten minutes. After quickly changing and brushing my teeth, I made a mad dash to our tram stop. Luckily, my timing was impeccable and a tram was waiting at the bottom. I arrived to class on time, but sadly I did not have time to stop at the Gi-Ma for my morning shot of espresso. Needless to say, class was a struggle without my temporary injection of energy.

The next day, I made sure to wake up a little earlier so I would not have to battle my morning drowsiness. When I walked in, the woman behind the counter smiled and came to hear my order. As she handed me my cafe latte, she attempted to say "We missed you yesterday." It was a little broken, but I could make out the message. This made me feel good, as it is like I have finally be initiated into the secret coffee society of Gi-Ma. They expect my business around 8:45 AM, and if I am not there they actually notice. Sadly I leave in a week, so they will lose my loyal business.

No comments: