Monday, June 16, 2008

Vatican Museum

Incredibly, I have been in Rome for nearly two months and I have not yet entered the Vatican Museum. When we visited Vatican City as a class, I was saddened when the Swiss Guard informed us that the museum was closed for the day. Each week, I told myself that I would make it there, but now my time in Rome is dwindling. Sometime in these next ten days, I will finally stop talking about going and actually go.

Of course, the Vatican Museum is one of the top tourist destinations in Rome. People from across the world flock to Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel, particularly The Last Judgment. This is described as a "must see" for all Roman travelers. Outside of the Sistene walls there are also galleries devoted to Egyptian, Etruscan, and Greek art. It would be great to see a museum that has such an eclectic range of history.

No comments: