Friday, May 16, 2008

The City Life

I feel like I am in New York City. The cars. The hoardes of people. The constant brushing up on people as you try to squeeze by on a crowded street. The only difference is the smell. Unlike most major U.S. cities, Rome lacks to ungodly stench that frequent its American counterparts. This amazes me because the density of rome greatly surpasses any American metropolitan. With 50 million tourists coming every year, the streets are perpetually crowded with both tourists and locals, and I am able to witness this every day as I casually walk 45 miuntes to and from school every day. As I meander down the sidewalks, which are about a quarter the size of the typcial American sidewalk that I am accustomed to, I get bumped and walk into people constantly. But soon enough I know I will get used to both the auto and pedestrian traffic that accomponies this beautiful city.

No comments: