Sunday, May 18, 2008

my cafe

The Gi-Ma Café, located about two blocks from my classroom, is a little larger inside than most of the other cafes that I have strolled past, but it still maintains a quaint and welcome feeling. For a little lover a euro, you can buy either a café latte or an espresso along with a freshly baked pastry. In an earlier post, I already professed my undying love for the coffees here in Rome, so this time I will turn my attention to the pastries. I have been to Gi-Ma about four times since I arrived in Rome, and each time I have treated myself to a different pastry each time, and each one can be described a culinary perfection in my humble opinion. I am no food connoisseur, but I do believe that these are the finest pastries that I have ever gorged, and I will miss these when I go back to the states.

No comments: