Sunday, May 18, 2008

crowded streets

Since day one, or for that matter even before I made my trek overseas, I was bombarded with warnings about the thieves and scoundrels whom possess the ability to accurately pinpoint a tourist and rob them blindly. We were taught to be leery of the pick-pocketers that are supposedly lurking in every back-alley and crowded street in Rome, but so far I have not had or seen any problems. With the aforementioned population density that is omnipresent every morning, day, and night, occasionally I catch myself peering over my shoulders afraid that my valuables will be snatched without me ever noticing. Being cautious about pick-pocketers a culture shock to me, as I have gladly become attached to the friendly confines of State College, where the fear of crime somehow exceeds the scope of being considered an afterthought. However, so far there have been no problems and hopefully there will be none, as that could put a serious damper on my trip.

No comments: